<< Back to all positions
Joins, fabricates, and repairs metal/ steel and other “weld able” material by applying appropriate welding techniques. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the welding & metals field. Relies on experience, judgment , training to perform assigned tasks and/ or other duties as assigned. Supports employee policies, procedures, safety regulations. and follows ISO program and Quality Management system
Welds short beads at points specified by layout, welding diagram, along overlapping edges of metal parts to hold parts in place for final welding.
- Weld together metal components of products as specified by layout, blueprints, diagram, work order, or welding other assigned procedures.
- May weld in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Examines weld for bead size and other customer specifications.
- Correct low quality welds, as needed.
Education and Training
High school diploma and/or GED preferred. Must have some basic math (add, subtract, basic fractions) and reading skills (read and interpret work instructions, blue prints and other diagrams) and use of a tape measure. Must be able to read and comprehend work instructions. Requires some experience with welding.
- Standing: 10 or more hours per day (constant)
- Walking: 10 or more hours per day (constant)
- Lifting: In excess of 50 lbs. with good body mechanics (frequent)
- Twisting: Moderate (full motion of body)
- Bending: Moderate (full motion of body)
- Squat/Kneel: 10 or more hours per day (frequent)
- Both hands: Must be able to use both hands to perform job (constant)
- Grasping: Must be able to grasp parts or equipment for production (constant)
Machines, Tools, & Equipment
Should have some basic understanding on machine functions and how parts are produced including but not limited to:
- Tape Measure
- Hand tools (i.e. screw driver, hammer, wrench, paint gun etc.)
- Must be able to operate welding equipment
- PPE Required, Steel toed shoes, Welding Helmet, Safety Glasses, and protective clothing (pants, sleeve covers)
Non Air-conditioned manufacturing environment- Temperature variations and humidity can be high in hot months and the same opposite conditions in winter months. Other working conditions include standing on cement surface.