<< Back to all positions
Maintenance Technician/Plasma Operator
- Adhere to company polices, safety standards and good housekeeping practices.
- Cooperate and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Adhere to and maintain company quality standards.
- Assist in repairing and maintaining machinery, equipment, physical structures, plumbing and electrical systems of industrial facility.
- Dismantle and reassemble machines and/or equipment to replace defective parts.
- Clean and lubricate machine parts, such as slides, shafts, pulleys, gears, or bearings.
- Assist with preventive maintenance program.
- Select proper metal per blue print to be cut and load table with overhead crane.
- Setup and operate CNC plasma to cut steel and other metals of various thicknesses.
- Unload cut product, quality check, palletize and label accordingly.
Education and Training
High school diploma and/or GED preferred with 1-2 years previous maintenance experience and/or education. Must possess general knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, 120V-480V and 3 phase electrical. Must possess basic math, communication, multi tasking, problem solving, planning, and team working skills. Must be self motivated and reliable. Experience with powder coating, press brakes, shears, coil lines, mechanical presses, cranes, forklifts and mechanized plasma cutting is a plus.
- Standing: 10 or more hours per day (constant)
- Walking: 10 or more hours per day (constant)
- Lifting: In excess of 50 lbs to 75 lbs with good body mechanics (moderate)
- Twisting: Full motion of body (moderate)
- Bending: Full motion of body (moderate)
- Squat/Kneel: 10 or more hours per day (frequent)
- Both hands: Must be able to use both hands to perform job (constant)
- Grasping: Must be able to grasp tools or equipment for repair (constant)
Machines, Tools, & Equipment
Should have basic ability to use and operate including but not limited to:
- Forklifts (will train)
- Overhead cranes (will train)
- Oxy/acetylene torch
- Testing equipment (i.e. voltmeter)
- Hand tools (i.e. screw driver, hammer, and wrenches,)
- Power tools (i.e. drills, grinders, and saws)
- PPE required; Hearing, vision, foot and gloves (when handling material)
Temperatures can reach 120 degrees in summer months and opposite in winter months. Must be able to withstand extreme heat and humidity for 10 or more hours per day. Other working conditions include standing on cement surface.