<< Back to all positions
- Adhere to company polices, safety standards and good housekeeping practices.
- Adhere to and maintain company quality standards.
- Cooperate and communicate with all levels of the origination.
Specific Tasks (Subject to change)
- Select proper metal per blue print to be cut and load table with overhead crane.
- Setup and operate CNC plasma & Laser to cut steel and other metals of various thicknesses.
- Unload cut product, quality check, palletize and label accordingly.
- Organize/stage tubs or pallets in work area or in other fabrication/welding department locations.
- Maintain a weekly inventory list of all used plasma torch consumables for reorder.
- Maintain water height in table, drain and clean as needed.
- Clean or replace table slats as needed.
- Keep control cabinet, rails, gantry, power supply, table and work area clean and organized for safe operation and efficient workflow.
- Support fabrication department and other areas as needed.
Machines, Tools, & Equipment
Should have basic ability to use and operate machines and understanding of how parts are produced including but not limited to:
- Overhead crane
- Press brakes
- Hand/power tools (i.e. screw driver, hammer, wrench, paint gun etc.)
- Personal protective equipment required; hearing, vision and foot
Education and Training
High school diploma and/or GED preferred. Must be able to use a tape measure and read blue prints. Must possess basic math, communication, multi tasking, problem solving, planning, and team work skills. Must be quality minded, self motivated, and reliable. 1-2 years previous plasma experience preferred. Experience with Mach 3 control software, Sheetcam software, Solid Edge 2D CAD software is a plus.
- Standing: 10 or more hours per day (constant)
- Walking: 10 or more hours per day (constant)
- Lifting: In excess of 50 lbs to 75 lbs with good body mechanics (frequent)
- Twisting: Moderate (full motion of body)
- Bending: Moderate (full motion of body)
- Squat/Kneel: 10 or more hours per day (frequent)
- Both hands: Must be able to use both hands to perform job (constant)
- Grasping: Must be able to grasp part or equipment for production (constant)
Temperatures can reach 120 degrees in summer months and opposite in winter months. Must be able to withstand extreme heat and humidity for 10 or more hours per day. Other working conditions include standing on cement surface.